Emma Wong dreams of travel and tourism

Photo by Nick Wong

Emma follows her dreams and prepares to go on adventures around the globe.

Story by Samantha Wong, Editor in Chief

Emma Wong dreams big as she runs towards a new adventure: college. Throughout high school she has made many memories like hanging out in the Growl Crowd with friends and going to pep rallies. Although she will miss the fun, Wong is ready to make new memories at Chapman University this fall.

“I plan to major in applied human physiology to become a physical therapist. I want to become a physical therapist because in 8th grade when I injured my LCL, I went through physical therapy and though my experience was painful my knee did get better. I was inspired by the therapist who helped me and I would love to someday help others recover, ” Wong said.

Wong is an active member of many clubs on campus including: CSF, NHS, Link Crew, Unicef and Leo club, as well as being an AP ambassador. She was also a member of the girls’ lacrosse team for three years. Her academic and extracurricular activities have helped Wong receive the Cardinal Scholar title.

“Throughout high school I have been supported by different teachers. Three teachers that have impacted my life in different ways are Mrs. Kivett, Mrs. McNalley, and Chef Keith. Chef Keith and Mrs. McNalley have helped me feel more confident, and Mrs. Kivett helped me see the potential in myself as a leader,” Wong said.

Emma is always smiling and brings leadership and focus to her classwork in and out of the kitchen lab. She genuinely is a good person and holds herself to a very high standard. I wish Emma all the success in her future career, I have no doubt that she will be changing the world,

— Chef Keith

In ten years, Wong sees herself traveling the world and exploring new places like Japan, Asia and Europe. She is a strong believer that if you can dream it you can do it. This can-do attitude has carried Wong far and will continue to push her in new ways.

“Emma is always smiling and brings leadership and focus to her classwork in and out of the kitchen lab. She genuinely is a good person and holds herself to a very high standard. I wish Emma all the success in her future career, I have no doubt that she will be changing the world,” Chef Keith said.

As Wong reflects on her high school career, she hopes to share some advice to the remaining students.

“Enjoy life day by day and don’t grow up too fast. Being young doesn’t last forever,” Wong said.