The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Remy Escobar: Senior Spotlight

Photo by Prom Camera Machine
On June 1, 2023, senior Remy Escobar attended his first prom and created memories with his girlfriend Amy. “My first prom was unforgettable; I spent it with the girl I loved most and created memories I will forever cherish in the future,” said Escobar.

As his senior year comes to an end, Remy Escobar speaks about what he plans to do in his future and about his memories here at Mission Hills.
“As my final month of high school comes to an end, I’m finalizing my commitment to my future university,” senior Escobar said.
Cal State San Marcos is a fully accredited university recognized for their academic offerings, and community service learning. He is thrilled to attend CSUSM because he has a long history of family members graduating from the college. He also likes that it’s reliable because it is nearby and there are not many financial problems involving transportation and paying for a place to live.
“My favorite memory at Mission Hills was my Psychology class my junior year. This class was an overall great class and made me learn that I wanted to major in psychology in college,” said Escobar.
One of the extracurriculars here at Mission Hills helped him decide what he will be majoring in during college. The class was not only very entertaining due to the presence of friends who showed Escobar about the subject, which he had never thought that he would like, but it also made him realize how much he truly wanted to later on major in that category.
“Some things I have to say to incoming freshmen or anyone at Mission Hills is to enjoy your time here. Time flies and I try to go to as many events as possible. You will regret it later on if you don’t because you only go through high school once and it’s fast,” said Escobar.
Lastly, Escobar tells incoming students or current students to cherish the moments that they have at MHHS. He does express some regrets like not going to a lot of school events, because he did not want to. High school is a short experience and Escobar explains that; although academically it can be stressful, it is also one of the most important memories in a person’s life.
Escobar has been positively impacted a great deal here at MHHS and is mentally prepared for what is coming for him in the future. He will forever remember Mission Hills as one of the best times of his life.