The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Athlete of the Week #11: Bella Torres

Bella+Torres+preparing+to+throw+at+a+water+polo+game.+
Bella Torres preparing to throw at a water polo game.

For the eleventh Athlete of the Week, the Silvertip has selected Bella Torres, a freshman who recently developed a love for water polo. Torres is enjoying her first year on the Mission Hills team, making memories with teammates and fostering new experiences.
“My dad played water polo, and I just became really interested in it because I like swimming,” said Torres. “I like how aggressive it is, too.”
Though she is on the younger side of the water polo team, Torres immediately felt welcomed by the players and they quickly developed a sense of family.
“Everybody is super nice,” Torres said. “We all became really fast friends and it was a very comfortable environment.”
Torres seeks to continue her water polo journey at Mission Hills throughout the rest of her high school career. She looks forward to gaining more experience and succeeding in various aspects of her performance on the team, and by putting in hard work and persevering to meet her goals, she can certainly achieve her aspirations.
“I think I’ll play for all of high school,” Torres said. “I’m excited to meet the newer players and become the older set of players, because this year I was one of the only freshmen. I’m kind of just excited to get more experience.”
Torres is also currently playing softball on the Mission Hills Junior Varsity team, and aspires to make Varsity her sophomore year. As she continues with her water polo and softball careers, Torres aims to stay balanced and content in all she does, always aiming higher and reaching for her dreams.