The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Cherryl Baker on the Importance of Trust and Community at Mission Hills

Beloved counselor, Cherryl Baker, continues to support students across MHHS.
Photo by Clara Byrne

Mrs. Cherryl Baker, who was named the county’s Counselor of the Year in 2021, has been working at Mission Hills since its early beginnings in 2004. She adores working at Mission Hills, as she mentioned in an interview.
“This is like a second home for me, just being here and living in this community. I absolutely love the students with all my heart and everyone who works here,” said Baker.
Each school year, Mrs. Baker strives to make her students feel as comfortable and supported as possible, and she hopes to accomplish the same this year.
“I really just want to make sure our students feel supported and loved, and that they feel safe. The main thing for me is that they will know there’s never any judgment, that there’s always help and hope,” said Baker.
Her advice for high school students is as follows: Work hard, have fun, and know that struggle is a natural part of growth.