The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Gia Bodiwala: Teeing Up Success in Golf, ASU, Thrift Club

Photo by Jessica Hudson
Gia Bodiwala practicing under the sunset.

Gia Bodiwala is a current freshman here at Mission Hills High School. As a freshman, she has committed herself to the Girls Golf team. She wants to have a positive impact here at MHHS and wants to make new friends who she can trust throughout her high school career. Going from middle school to high school has been a big change for her, as coming in from middle school for her and every freshman on campus has certainly not been easy, and it has been very nerve-wracking.
“This change is big, especially coming from a small middle school, and as much as it was really uncomfortable, it was really a new exciting chapter for me,” said Bodiwala.
Bodiwala strives to be on top of her studies and do well in school. She wishes to gain scholarships that she will use for a college or university of her choosing in the future. Bodiwala is also part of the Asian Student Union, since she is Indian, and she is also part of the thrifting club.
“Some of my goals are to achieve all A’s and hopefully get some kind of scholarship while maintaining a fun lifestyle. I hope to accomplish a fun freshman experience and gain lots of new academic and social knowledge,” Bodiwala said.
Bodiwala wants to have a balanced school lifestyle where she is on top of the game but not stressed out about her studies. Bodiwala is a very intelligent girl at such a young age and loves to hang out with her friends and spend time pursuing her own personal hobbies, such as golf, reading, self-care, and thrifting.