The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Most Anticipated Book Releases For Summer Reading

Photo by Lindsay Miller
Barnes and Nobles is the number one bookstore according to students at Mission Hills. It is the best place to get new and upcoming books being released. “I buy almost all of my books from Barnes and Noble,” freshman Belen Novelo said.

Everyone’s favorite bookstore will be having new books for sale. People’s favorite authors might be publishing a book or the next book in their favorite series might finally be getting released. Mission Hills has tons of readers around campus all looking forward to at least one book coming out this year, and here are some of the top books they want to read.
“Elle Kennedy has been one of my favorite authors for a good while. I can’t wait for The Dixon Rule to be released.” freshman Payton Aleksandrian said.
One popular book that was mentioned a lot was The Dixon Rule by Elle Kennedy. It is the next book in the Campus Diaries series. It is about two college students, Diana Dixon and Shane Lindley, who started faking dating to deal with their crazy exes. It comes out on May 14th.
“I am looking forward to reading The Z Word.” freshman Belen Novelo said.
The Z Word is a stunning debut book by Lindsay King-Miller. It is about Wendy, who is trying to find her place in the queer community after a disastrous breakup. When people start turning into zombies Wendy is forced to ally with her ex and her ex-friends. It is gripping with zombies, finding family, and finding your place in the world even if it is ending. It came out on May 7 and is available in any bookstore.
“One of my favorite authors, Natasha Preston, is releasing a new book called The Dare.” freshman Lyla Daniels said.
A popular young adult mystery author, Natasha Preston, is releasing a very anticipated book in May called The Dare. This book follows a senior in high school, Marley, and how she and her friends are forced to keep a secret capable of ruining all of their futures. Based on Preston’s other books it is sure to be filled with twists and turns on every page. It came out on May 7 and is available on Kindle and any bookstore.