The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Behind the Scenes of OneTV/GSPN

Photo by Calee Leavitt
Mason Marquez introduces a segment for the new OneTV episode. He brought forth the Senior Spotlight interviews enthusiastically to make the viewers more interested. “When I am introducing a segment, I always try to sound as energetic as I can so it pulls the viewers in,” junior Mason Marquez said.

Mariah Lambert is one of the EICs (Editor in Chief) of GSPN. She has been in Video Production for around three years and EIC for one year. Lambert makes edits of almost all of the sports and posts them on both YouTube and Instagram.
“Video Production is time-consuming, but it is fun; we have a lot of segments that are time-sensitive, so it takes up most of our time,” said junior Lambert.
When in Video Production, students have plenty to do and don’t ever run out of things to finish in the class: filming, doing flyers and even participating in little competitions throughout the second semester of class. Video Production students have a lot of fun while making and watching other people’s videos. What’s best is meeting and getting really close with everyone in the class; everyone kind of just connects, in a way, through their work and their time with one another.
“Yes, I would recommend Video Production for the next school year and for those who are considering it,” said Lambert.
Through this class, students get to meet new people and make connections with others they would not normally talk to on a daily basis. Also, in this class, one is able to have really close friendships with the people around them.
“If you are looking forward to working with your hands and being busy at home almost all the time, I’d say to take the class,” said junior William Balais.
Video Production is a hands-on class—students use cameras and editing software to make the best segments and episodes. In OneTV, they’re able to go to different classes and interview teachers and their students. In GSPN, they can go to multiple different sports events, make connections with the players and also capture the great moments.