The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Club Life: The Biggest Fascination of Mission Hills

Photo by Christopher Hamilton
Bike Club, one of the many existing clubs at MHHS, advertises to attract new members.

At Mission Hills, community is one of the most important factors in creating an enjoyable high school life. The leading way in which this can be achieved is through the school’s interminable amount of clubs that help students bond over a, or many, shared interests.
“Clubs most importantly, are here to help connect the students at MHHS with their community. They can additionally provide colleges with means of observing what you did during high school,” junior and 2024-2025 Key Club president Belle Woolstenhulme said. “[They’re here] to help bring people together so that they can have a more meaningful high school experience.”
Even those who are not officers in a club have found many things to connect with others over, whether it be a passion, shared culture, or a competition, to name a few.
“I think clubs at Mission Hills are for students—to help them strive toward good work ethics, punctuality, and fun,” sophomore Aaliyah Hamideh said. “In Mud Cave [club], I struggled a lot with understanding the clay wheel. I would keep failing and failing, never understanding how to make it work. But some of the students would try to guide me on how it works, and in no time, I was able to make a pot.”
Clubs bring forth and put into action many positive effects, but most of all, they can help students learn lifelong lessons.
“My favorite club would be ASU: it showed me how big the community actually was at our school and it was just really meaningful to see us all come together, whether or not we were all Asian,” junior Lori Nishiguchi said.
Overall, it is clear that the heart and soul of the Grizzly family is it’s clubs; they can easily be added to the list of things that make Mission Hills a center of diversity, excellence, and connectivity.