The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Thrift Club: Where Style Meets Savings

Photo by Gabriela Partida
From school to outside, students collaborate and find “budget-friendly styles”, agreed by the president and vice president of the club. They both share their reasons why the club is good for anyone.

Thrift Club is one of the most creative clubs and has a very collaborative team of students here in Mission Hills. Not only are the meetings fun but so are the outside activities. It says it on the name: Thrift. They enjoy helping stores organize and help with things, and in the end, they can enjoy looking around and buying with the benefit of having discounts.
The students can express themselves while exploring the store and find hidden gems at good prices. Each of their styles is different, making them feel unique and better about themselves. And that is what the club is meant for.
President of the club, Jenni Cruz said, “ I decided to create a club where students can make new friends through the same liking.” This club can make everyone feel included through the same liking as Jenni stated.
Not only are they able to have fun after school, but also being able to find their styles while also helping around the store. This club makes it possible for their students to have such a great time during meetings and meet-ups. The club president said she made it possible for her and the students to join and have an amazing time with such an outstanding group.
The vice president Maya Bodiwala, Junior adds, “I also wanted to make this club possible because it’s a way to find new friends during one meeting per week during lunch, the meetings are a place where the students can be informed about upcoming events while having a good time with friends. I also hope next year, when I become president, I can make some better changes but they are surprises,” she says, making their club seem like they enjoy having to come together and enjoy their similarities.
Every Tuesday during lunch in room 505, they can be informed about the info they have about thrifting or if they can go thrifting themselves after helping out at a store. This club is a very helpful way to find your style while staying on a budget at the same time. Next year there will be new benefits for the ones who join. They hope more students can join them next year to have an amazing time with them!