The Student News Site of Mission Hills High School

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

The Silvertip

Sun, Sand, and Smiles

Photo by Kaiya Barris
People hanging out at the beautiful Oceanside Beach. Oceanside is a great place to have fun on a hot day with the ocean, pier, and awesome shops all around. “The beach helps clear my mind,” Najwa Rafiqzad says.

As summer approaches, it’s time to start thinking about what to do. Going to the beach is one of the most popular activities during this hot season. What better way to get ready for summer than to see what Mission Hills students think the best way to have fun at the beach is.
“I think one of the best ways to have fun at the beach is to play games. So, my family and I like to bring soccer balls, volleyballs, and board games,” freshman Barbara Palafox said.
The beach is all about having fun, so what could be more perfect than having a little friendly competition between friends and family? It helps provide entertainment that lasts for hours and creates fond memories that’ll be remembered for the rest of one’s life.
“I love going in the ocean because it gives me such an adrenaline rush when I’m constantly being hit by the waves and I can’t believe some people would rather just sit in the sand and tan,” freshman Izzy Post said.
There is truly nothing like diving through the waves, enjoying the sun and being able to connect with nature all at the same time. According to Post, swimming in the salty sea is a very efficient way to simultaneously cool off and have fun.
Freshman Paige Umemura also shared what a typical beach day looks like for her.
“I usually go to the beach early so that I can get a good spot to relax for a little before getting in the water. My family and I bring lots of fruits and water to have as a snack for when we’re there—and we usually don’t end up leaving until closer to evening,” Umemura said.
Sometimes just being able to relax at the beach and do nothing is the best way to enjoy it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but according to Mission Hills students, this is what makes going to the beach even more enjoyable.
“I love going to the beach because it’s a warm, fun environment, and it’s one of my favorite ways to hang out with my siblings and play mermaids,” freshmen Elijah Mott said.