SMUSD invites families to the first combined annual College Expo and Future Fair at MHHS

Photo by Cherryl Baker

Story by Salma Ramirez, Co-Editor in Chief

Mission Hills High School (MHHS) welcomes the community of San Marcos to the free annual College Expo on Sept. 24 from 5-8 p.m. that will be combined with the Future Fair for the first time in San Marcos Unified School District’s history. In hopes of bringing K-12 students an extensive network to explore career opportunities and higher education, both locally and nationally, the San Marcos College Expo and Future Fair will be representing over 90 colleges and over 80 business and industry representatives. 

All college and career representatives will be set up in the gymnasium at MHHS for the length of the event, but there will be two 45 minute breakout sessions from 6-8pm on topics such as financial aid, career interests, and the changing job market—each workshop will be offered in both Spanish and English to better accommodate the needs of students and families.

Although the MHHS Culinary Arts will be offering some refreshments, other food and drinks will be available for purchase from EpicEatz and The Rush Coffee food trucks. Click on the link below for more details on the event in regard to representatives, directions, and descriptions of the workshops.

https://sites.google.com/thesanmarcospromise.org/2019collegeexpo-futurefair/home