Down-to-earth Lopez protects the planet

Photo by Gigi Downey

Story by Gigi Downey, Photo Editor

Elyanna Lopez’s spirit is as free as the birds in the sky and the waves in the ocean. As a nature-lover, Lopez is on a quest to raise awareness about the harmful habits humans have adopted throughout the years. Not only is she an activist for a cleaner planet, but she is also a passionate artist who’s abstract style encompasses her fascination with the earth.

Throughout high school, Lopez has become a prominent student in the art department. From ceramics to dance to photography to drawing and painting, she has managed to excel in each class. Her enthusiasm for art allows her to express her emotions in such captivating ways.

“Nature has always been an inspiration to me. The little details in life, like a leaf, can be just as big as a tree if you pay close enough attention to it. Creation is everywhere,” Lopez said.

It is easy to see that Lopez is dedicated to being mindful of the world around her as she is an active member of both the Yoga and Conscience Living clubs.

After high school, Lopez plans on pursuing a career in art and dreams of living either up in the mountains or somewhere along the coast. She wants to stay connected with her creative side and continue to be moved by the people she meets along the way.

“I allow myself to be inspired and influenced by everyone around me. We are all an ocean connected by the present moment and I find that so beautiful,” Lopez said.