Hewitt heads towards the future

Story by Maleah Moore, Management Editor

Photo by Rudy Schmoke
Hewitt focuses ahead as he runs to kick the ball to his fellow teammate

A star in both academics and sports, Cody Hewitt excels at what he puts his mind to. Throughout his time at Mission Hills, he has achieved a stellar 4.37 accumulative GPA in addition to being a Cardinal Scholar. Hewitt has participated in football, baseball, and soccer; however, soccer is his most notable sport. Leaving his beloved sport means leaving bittersweet memories and accomplishments.

“My worst and favorite high school memory is the 2019 CIF (California Interscholastic Federation) Championship game. We lost, but we made it to the finals. I feel like all the hard work I have done over the course of my life paid off. When I was young, all I ever wanted to do was play in a championship and I did,” Hewitt said.

Hewitt identifies strongly with his English roots stemming from his parents. Not only have his parents led him to love Manchester United F.C. and true English tea, but they have set a profound example for Hewitt.

“My mom and dad work so hard; I’m doing it all for them. I want to do something that makes a lot of money to pay back my mom and dad for all that they have done for me,” Hewitt said.

Hewitt will be attending UC San Diego to major in mechanical engineering next fall. Although he is unsure of what the future holds, he has advice for those who remain in high school.

“Live in the moment. Appreciate what you have, because it isn’t always guaranteed. Enjoy high school while it lasts, because the big world is coming,” Hewitt said.