Pham never fails to run the extra mile

Story by Elizabeth Parks, Co-Editor in Chief

Quick on his feet and in the classroom, Ethan Pham is on the fast-track road towards success. Pham has participated in track and field for three years and did cross country for two, balancing his arduous schedule filled with multiple AP classes and extracurriculars, such as being Key Club vice president, STEM club president, and a member of both NHS and CSF. 

Pham smiles leisurely, relieved of high school stresses.

“I have many late nights where I stay up to do homework; I usually plan ahead so that I can keep my tight schedule and be successful in all areas of my life,” Pham said.

During his extensive time on the track, Pham has learned the importance of perseverance and hard work, shaping him into the diligent and driven individual he is today.

“Through the encouragement of Coach Coleman, I’ve learned that if you keep working at something you think is difficult, you’ll eventually get better and better at it if you keep putting in the work,” Pham said.

Pham plans to continue putting in the extra effort after he graduates as he pursues a degree in cognitive science at UC San Diego, before attending medical school to become a physician assistant.    

“I want to be able to help others with my job; by becoming a physician assistant, I can have a large impact on people and make them happier in their lives,” Pham said.