Academic Adrian keeps on buzzing

Photo by Gigi Downey

Lost in thought, Adrian Kristan ponders his next challenge.

Story by ArvinJay Jumalon, News Editor

Adrian Kristan, better known as Ian, is a intellectual wizard that excels in math and science. Inside the classroom, he is a walking encyclopedia, always going head-first into every challenge he comes across; ending his high school career with a 4.2 GPA. Outside of the classroom, he is best known as a starter on the Academic League.

“I always liked Academic League. I got to be my nerdy self. I’m able to succeed being me,” Kristan said.

These classes and grades don’t matter when you get out of college. They honestly don’t. If you can’t get your grades to an A or a B, don’t worry about that. Just worry about making sure you know what you are being taught,

— Kristan said.

Whereas some may be overwhelmed by the burdens of homework and tests, Kristan perseveres. He credits his academic triumph to the mindset he has adopted; his philosophy goes against the established ideas of success.

“These classes and grades don’t matter when you get out of college. They honestly don’t. If you can’t get your grades to an A or a B, don’t worry about that. Just worry about making sure you know what you are being taught,” Kristan said.

Although others may worry about college or grades, Kristan never stresses about the workload his teachers give him while maintaining a high academic standard. Although Kristan doesn’t know what future lies ahead of him, he is prepared for any path he takes, and will take his ferocious attitude towards studying into SDSU.