Edgar Vidal is over the moon for astrophysics

Photo by Joseph Kamandy

Edgar Vidal stands with pride as he visualizes his starlit future.

Story by Joseph Kamandy, Multimedia Editor

Excelling in both the scientific and athletic field, Edgar Vidal has committed a significant amount of time polishing his studies, mentally and physically preparing himself for his ensuing college path. In part with earning the impressive titles of Simon Scholar and Cardinal Scholar, Vidal is also an active member within the NHS and CSF organizations and a starter for the Mission Hills varsity volleyball team. With his growing passion in all fields of physical science, he claims it serves as the bits of fuel for maintaining his grasp in achieving his dreams.

“After high school, I hope to study astrophysics and earn my PhD through graduate school. I want to take advantage of those studies in becoming a researcher at a space institute, while also considering becoming a professor and conducting research for a university,” Vidal said.

“Growing up, the night sky looked like droplets of milk on a black canvas, fascinated by the view, I was more curious on how it even got up there, thus marking the beginning of my journey and my path towards Berkeley,

— Vidal said.

All the determination, hard work, and stress has paid off as his studies proved worthy of acceptance from one of the top public universities in the world—UC Berkeley. Having been one of the lucky few able to attend, Vidal ripples with excitement as his dream has now begun to unfold. He wishes to maintain the same love towards his passion while bettering his understanding of all things physical science.

“Growing up, the night sky looked like droplets of milk on a black canvas, fascinated by the view, I was more curious on how it even got up there, thus marking the beginning of my journey and my path towards Berkeley,” Vidal said.