Sneaking a peek at Schoolhouse Rock Live!

Story by Hannah Larson, Grizzly Den Editor

The Mission Hills drama department has done it again; they’ve created a high-energy, colorful performance that is jam-packed with upbeat music and sophisticated dance moves. “Schoolhouse Rock Live!” is filling the theater with song and the audience with enthusiasm through the cast’s clever presentation of childhood tunes. Mission Hills is partnering with the Woodland Park Middle School drama crew in order to refresh the audience’s memory about conjunctions, adverbs, and the Preamble to the Constitution. The aesthetics, however, are only part of the magnetic musical. Rather than staying on the surface level of nouns and verbs, “Schoolhouse Rock Live!” dives into the women’s suffrage movement of the 1900s. The musical celebrates the effort that women such as Susan B. Anthony and Elizabeth Cady Stanton made in their push to pass the 19th Amendment. Even a hint of “Hamilton” was woven into the performance, along with a guest appearance by a certain mammalian mascot. To experience “Schoolhouse Rock Live!” in all of its glory, attend any of the four showings in Redwood Hall: March 14 at 7 p.m., March 15 at 7:00 PM, March 16 at 3 p.m., or March 16 at 7 p.m. Adults pay $10, students pay $8 ($7 with ASB), and staff gets in for free. Don’t miss the spring theater production of “Schoolhouse Rock Live!”