Mrs. Baker bops to the top with yearly resolutions and endless support

Mrs. Baker shares advice on goal keeping and support sharing

Story by Brenda Camacho, Staff Writer

Whether it’s being more available to students when they need someone to talk to or taking the initiative to check up on them herself, Mrs. Baker is always striving to better herself. Although she doesn’t actively participate in New Year’s resolutions, Mrs. Baker does take time to reflect on how the year went and ways she can better herself throughout the new year to come; she makes “mini resolutions” that she can try to focus on more and encourages her students to do the same in their academic and personal lives. Even well into February, her advice stands true.
The majority of students speak highly of Mrs. Baker because of how amazing she is with the students on campus. She knows it can be hard to get students to open up as each one fights their own battles, but she doesn’t let that stop her. Despite the glowing reputation Mrs. Baker has built for herself, she still finds ways to improve and create greater goals for herself.
“Mrs. Baker is amazing. Even though she’s not my counselor, she’s always there for me. She’s always supportive and so positive even when I am crying. She can always make me laugh and smile. She truly always wants what’s best for us and cares for each one of us,” Keyla Ortega (11) said.
There are people that take New Year’s resolutions seriously and by the end of the year accomplish them. While that is an amazing feat, in reality New Year’s resolutions tend to be forgotten by the second month which is why some people don’t even think to participate. A new year usually means a fresh start, so trying new things in the name of self-improvement can be beneficial and even entertaining.
“I try to call a parent or a student and tell them something very positive that I observe and be mindful of positive things around my life. Sometimes it’s easy for me to worry or think about the negative things so it’s nice to stop and remind myself about the people I care about,” Baker said.
Due to the support Mrs. Baker constantly provides, a plethora of students count on her to help them in any endeavor they face, whether it be goal-making or day-to-day issues. Knowing Mrs. Baker, she will continue to accomplish making her students feel supported, even as the year continues.