Principal Nathan Baker’s main focus is on students

Lori+Nishiguchi+discussing+the+aspirations+and+goals+of+new+Principal+Nathan+Baker.+

Photo by Kelly Amador

Lori Nishiguchi discussing the aspirations and goals of new Principal Nathan Baker.

After working at Mission Hills since opening, Nathan Baker has been promoted to the role of principal. In his new position, Baker plans to continue being student focused.

“What I can bring, or I would say what I can continue doing for this campus because I’ve been here for so long, I feel like most staff know me fairly well in the sense that I’ve been here for more than a year or two, have gotten to know me too. So what I think I will continue to bring is somebody that will work tirelessly for the students and for the staff, somebody that is excited about the work to be done, who has lots of energy and in all decisions that I make, will be focused on the school, whether it’s for staff, to be able to assist students, or for me to assist students directly, the focus of mine will always be students.”

Tina Hernandez filled in Baker’s old role of Assistant Principal. Baker admires Hernandez’ resiliency that it takes to fill in his old position. 

“The biggest impact that she’ll have on our campus as assistant principal will be working with students that don’t have that large voice that  may not be as connected to campus as other students are. Ms. Hernandez is able to identify those students fairly easily and build relationships with those students and become not only a voice for them, but an advocate for them in their success. Of all the strengths she has, I think that is her strongest asset that she brings to Mission Hills.”