Dusan Pantich’s well-rounded way of life helps him thrive in all aspects

Photo by Tanya Pantich

Dusan Pantich (11) strives to create an accepting atmosphere in and out of the water.

Story by Danya Rodriguez, Features Editor

If asked to describe him in a few words, kind and caring only skim the surface of the immaculate character that Dusan Pantich (11) encompasses. With his tenderhearted nature and altruistic personality, he is known for bringing smiles to faces and brightening days of those around him. As someone who appreciates a kind soul, he credits his parents and older brother for shaping him to be a person of good character. 

“I’d like to think my parents have raised me with certain values such as respect and honesty, which have become a huge part of who I am. And growing up with my older brother, I’ve seen him become his own person, and I believe he has been a huge inspiration to me,” Pantich said. 

Growing up in San Marcos, Pantich is enthusiastic to volunteer within his community and give back to those around him; his upbringing has taught him that through involvement, he is able to bring change and help to those in need. This mentality motivated him to become a part of the Red Cross Club, where he is able to dedicate his time at blood drives. 

I’d like to think my parents have raised me with certain values such as respect and honesty, which have become a huge part of who I am. And growing up with my older brother, I’ve seen him become his own person, and I believe he has been a huge inspiration to me,

— Dusan Pantich

Through Pantich’s dedication to his community and the water polo team, he has grown into a person who prioritizes creating an inclusive atmosphere in order to foster a sense of community within the team.

“It’s really nice having teammates that always have my back even when we’re not in the water. And I believe I lighten the mood during practice and help create a safe space for everyone on the team,” Pantich said. 

Exploring new concepts has always been one of his main interests because it allows his perception of the world to change and develop. Pantich aims to explore new topics through his position as the secretary of the Finance Investments Business and Economics Club. 

“Calculus has been really interesting so far, I think it’s really engaging since it brings light to a new perspective and allows me to develop a new understanding of the world around me. Although I still don’t have a clue what I’d like to major in, I’d like to be able to keep exploring new topics in the future,” Pantich said. 

“Dusan was the type of student that would rise to a challenge.  He was also inquisitive and was able to connect historical ideas to raise questions and create understanding for himself and his classmates,” Ms. Kivett said.