Natalie Ha twirls her way to L.A. and into the hearts of Bruins

Photo by Emily Ha

Brilliant Natalie Ha shows off her excitment for attending UCLA through her spirit.

Story by Elizabeth Parks, Co-Editor in Chief

Brimming with both creativity and intelligence, Natalie Ha encapsulates everything a Grizzly should be. Ha has pushed herself both academically and artistically, taking an impressive 10 AP classes, all while being an avid member of Dance Production.

“I’ve felt a lot of intrinsic motivation to do well in school, which has made me more passionate in my learning and classwork. Dance, on the other hand, has given me an outlet to be creative. Thinking outside of the box is extremely fun, but it’s harder to facilitate in a classroom environment. I’m glad dance has given me this opportunity,” Ha said.

Between balancing her extensive amount of classwork with her extracurriculars, Ha found  passion for psychology; after taking AP Psychology junior year, Ha knew this subject would allow her to fulfill her future goals.

“Psychology fascinates me, and I feel like I can make a difference in individuals’ lives; I want to improve others’ lifestyles and be a more positive influence, which I feel I can do as a psychiatrist,” Ha said.

Ha plans to pursue a degree in psychology at UC Los Angeles, before attending medical school to become a psychiatrist. As she leaves behind being a Grizzly to become a Bruin, Ha has words of wisdom for those continuing their journey at Mission Hills.

“Part of high school is trying new things and being given multiple opportunities to push yourself out of your comfort zone. It’s never too late, and you’re never too old to branch out,” Ha said.